Online Campus Technical Support
FINDING THE ONLINE CAMPUS
Visit thechapel.org/online and select “Join us Online”
To view our live service press play when you enter the online campus. If you arrived early you may have to wait for the broadcast to begin.
EXPERIENCING PLAYBACK ISSUES?
Playback issues can be caused by a variety of factors here are some steps you can take to improve the viewing experience:
0) Try refreshing the online campus page. Many times this alone will fix the problem.
1) Use an up to date device and web browser. If you are having trouble on your computers default browser we recommend installing Google Chrome. We recommend not using Internet Explorer as it is no longer supported by Microsoft.
2) Check your signal strength. If you are using WiFi or Cellular to connect check that you are getting a strong signal. If you are not receiving a strong connection try moving closer to your wireless router or changing the location of your router. For example a wireless router in your basement will have a difficult time providing adequate signal to a room on the second floor.
3) You may have too many devices on your network. Every computer, phone, iPod, Alexa, and other WiFi enabled devices will all eat up bandwidth and affect your perfomance. Disconnecting some of these devices will help free up bandwidth for your viewing device. You can also improve performance by closing any open tabs you have on your device except the Online Campus.
4) Having open tabs, apps or other processes running on your device can reduce bandwidth and performance. Close all other apps and tabs, even those which may not be actively accessing your network.
5) Adjust the playback resolution on our services by hovering over the video on your computer and clicking on the gear wheel to select a lower quality stream. By default the setting is “auto” but sometimes manually selecting “360p” or “240p” will help with performance as they require less bandwidth. To determine the best resolution see step 6.
6) Check your network connection. To test the bandwitdth of visit speedtest.net. Download speeds are measured in Mbps, each resolution requires a different minimum available bandwidth:
240p - 500kbps
360p - 1Mbps
720p - 3Mbps
1080p - 7Mbps
Remember that all devices and tasks on your network will be sharing your available bandwidth so you may need to select a lower resolution than your bandwidth can support. For example if your speed test shows a 3.6Mbps download speed you may benefit from viewing at 360p instead of 720p.
7) For additional support fill out a support form.
VIDEO WORKING BUT NO AUDIO?
Follow these steps to get audio working properly:
1) Make sure your device volume is up.
2) Hover over the video. On the bottom right you'll see five bars. They should all be colored in. If not select the largest bar to turn the volume up.
3) Confirm that audio is working on your computer. Test audio using another source like this sermon video.
To join the chat enter a nickname in the space provided on the chat window. This can be any nickname, but we encourage you to connect with The Chapel Family using your real name.
You can also sign up with an account for our Online Campus, this will allow you to Log In on future visits and keep your same nickname allowing us to get to know you better! To do so click “Sign Up” in the top right corner. Fill out the short form and you’re good to go!
Some users find the chat to be overwhelming at times and can get distracting. To leave the chat simply select one of the other tabs at the bottom of the chat: Notes, Schedule or Bible. This will close the chat from view and at any point you can toggle back to the chat to connect with The Chapel family.
Below the chat window there is a notes tab. This tab will allow you to see notes that include useful information such as links to accessing Online Kids and Students Lessons and Videos. You can also use this section to take your own notes and at the end of service you can use the e-mail or print icon on the top right corner to save the notes you made.
The schedule tab will show you when upcoming services and events are scheduled to go live. You can also use the invite button to e-mail your friends to join you for church online!
READING THE BIBLE
The Bible tab makes it easy for you to follow along with the sermon right within the Online Campus.
Below the chat window is a button for “Live Prayer” selecting this opens up a private chat between you and one of the members of our Online Campus Prayer team or Campus Pastor John Dere.